Lather, Rinse, Repeat
A friend was just checking in to say hi, and asking what was new. And really, I have nothing much to say. The past month has flown by ridiculously fast, and all the days seem to sort of meld into one. I mean, most weekdays are exactly the same.
- Wake up
- Get dressed
- Grab Charlie from his crib
- Pull the other children’s toes to wake them
- Make my own lunch and breakfast
- Supervise the kids making their own lunch and snacks
- Run out the door
- 8:10 am Commute
- Work (busy busy busy busy blink and it’s done)
- 5 pm Commute
- Eat together
- Play/argue/wrangle homework/clean kitchen
- Put Charlie to bed
- Vegetate with the other two in front of the TV
- Kick older kids into bed
- Doze off in my chair during the National (or, like last night, before the kids even made it to bed, ashamedly)
Once in a while I manage to change it up with a night out or a yoga class, or but that’s pretty much life. And it might sound dull and repetitive, but I am quite routine-oriented (like my children) and I have to say that things are working out fairly well right now.
My stress levels are low. We are all doing okay. And it’s not exciting or adventurous, but the working parts are moving in sync, and life moves ahead quickly, and we are quietly content and stable.
(Now, no one throw a wrench into this. Thankyouverymuch.)