Things you need to know about me and my blog –
- Hi! I’m Emma! Nice to meet you! Make yourself at home!
- I can be found on twitter as @emma_willer here. I’m a twitter addict, I fully admit it.
- I had this blog before I had kids (I know! Weird!!). Anyway, that means I don’t have MOMMY/MUMMY in my blog title or in my twitter name. And I don’t really call myself a mommyblogger. This is my little journal. I’m here, I’ve been blogging since 2004 and online in other forms before that, because I like to write. I need an outlet for myself, and right now, this is my place.
- I do, however, have kids and I am a mother. So I will inevitably end up talking about those shit disturbers angelic 3 little boys I have (Oliver, born December 2005; Callum, born November 2007; and Charlie, born November 2011).
- I don’t talk much about my own immediate family (unless it’s unicorns and light, as they are reading this) or my job (because I do love my work so much, I am for once not being sarcastic AT ALL, and I don’t want to lose it ever). I’m pretty censored on here. If you meet me in person, I’ll tell you all my deep dark secrets. Let’s have a drink and share our skeletons, okay?
- I started blogging in 2004, inspired by friends with their own blogs, and as a way to update friends and family on life as I had moved to London, England from my home in Canada. (I started here). I lived in the UK for almost 5 years, but now I am back in Canada (since late 2006), living and working in Toronto.
- I moved here to my own domain after almost 6 years of free blogging. I changed my mind about running ads, but more importantly, decided to spend some money on my hobby to take creative control. If you are interested in placing an ad on this blog, please contact me at emmawiller at gmail dot com.
- I’m not here to increase my page hits or my Google rank – my readership is small and steady. This is not my full time job; it’s a hobby blog. I’ve just always had the inclination to write. Stay and read if you like.